18 April 2007

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things I did since the last TT.



1… Bought a new kettle... and have it poison me. Don't ask.
2… Celebrated a birthday. This little tiger boy was 3 on Monday:



3… Had too much cake than was good for me. (See above.)

4... Spent too much time on a certain website, watching my book climb the charts. (I'll just have a quiet *squee* moment to myself about that, LOL)

5… Actually got some writing done. Alchemy is almost 8000 words and rising and it's much better than the initial draft. Which is always a nice bonus ;-)

6… Made the children stay up late and watch the new series of Dr Who. Then re-enact the episode with them for the next few days... What? Doesn't everyone?

7… Hid from the sun. How ridiculously hot is it in the UK right now?

8… Not tidied up for the relatives who are coming at the weekend to see the birthday boy.

9… Made binoculars from toilet rolls for both Hobbits... which turn out to be the best toys they have ever played with.

10… Spent too much time hunting for the smell of indigo. Specifically, middle eastern/asian indigo dye. So-o-o-o wish I would have bought some when we were in Egypt. It would have stopped #11

11… Inhaled the odour of frozen peas... because someone said indigo smelt like that. See the lengths I go to for verisimilitude in my stories? LOL

12… Came up with a very odd tagline for my next book. I blame #1 for it.

13… And all together now... I really have been writing. YAY


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Labels:

posted by Kim Knox at 10:33 am

36 Comments:

You've been busy and still you have been writing? Good for you! The little tiger boy is sooo cute! About #1... I'm curious, but I won't ask! ;-)
My Tt is about collections I have.

Wednesday, 18 April, 2007  

You've been writing and selling...

You'll have to change your blogs title soon :-)

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Wow busy, busy!
Glad you got some writing done!

Happy TT!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I can tell you are going to use some of these in the next book!

Check out my TT

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Yep, I've been writing, too. Not as much as I'd like, but do any of us ever write as much as we'd like? (okay, I did back in the grad school days, but that was pre-husband, cats, kids, house, and all that)

Yes to the toilet paper roll binoculars!

Happy TT!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Congrats on #4!!! And I have to ask...how did you get poisoned?

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I had no idea indigo had a scent! :) Birthday cake is good for the soul! :) One can never over indulge on birthday cake :)

Great list, thank you for sharing and good luck with your book! Keep those numbers climbing... Woot!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Sounds like a productive week! Good for you.

My TT is also posted.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

nope, sorry - you can't have a line like #1 and expect me not to ask.

how did you nearly poison yourself with a kettle? consider the story community service so you can ensure the rest of us don't follow suit.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Great list and GREAT job on the writing!!! especially with the party and everything.
Tiger boy is adorable!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Great list..congrats on the book
and happy belated birthday to your little tiger. He is adorable!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

If they tire of the binoculars, another use for toilet paper rolls is to use them to hold computer cords. Roll the cord up and stick it through the toilet paper roll so each connection comes out a different side. Then label the tp roll with what the cord is for. Keeps them organized and untangled...my daughter even covered mine with wrapping paper to make them prettier!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I need to do some writing, so I'm in awe of your excellence. Happy TT.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

8000 words, dang!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Wow! You've been bizzzeeee!
Happy TT!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Busy week. Good for you. except for the teapot poisoning.
Mine is up too.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Hehehe, frozen peas.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

"Inhaled the odour of frozen peas... "

Now, see, this is why I like TT so much. There are items on lists that make me laugh out loud at what people do. This is great.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

#1 has me a bit concerned. :-O

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Busy little bee... Not sure of the title of your TT but interesting list. Happy TT!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I had no clue that indigo had a scent either. I always thought it was just a color!

great list, sorry about number 1.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I want to know more about #1 - sounds scary! Congratulations on being a "featured" TTer!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I do #4 a bit too often myself, but the newness will wear off eventually...right? lol

All in all, sounds like you had a great week, well, except for maybe the whole poisoning episode.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

You had a busy week! Congrats again on being a bestseller!!! Your little hobbit is adorable! Hope he had a fun birthday!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I'm not going to be able to hold back much longer. The indigo scent and frozen peas thing is making me itch to run to my freezer and have a good sniff. LOL Wonderful list, Kim

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

I think I messed up the linky thing. Sorry!


SOunds like you have been busy and writing. How much fun to see your book sell....Yeah for you!

Congrats on being one of hte sites of the week.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

such a sweet tiger baby.

another tp toy: put unpopped popcorn kernals inside and wrap in silver plumbers tape. great percussion instrument.

my mom used them for electric cord storage too.

wish my week had been as productive as yours.

congrats on getting featured on TT hub. that's how i found you. you can thank the fact my bookmarks are inaccessible this week and i had to resort to the hub page to look for TTers to visit. I'll be back.

my #29 is 13 things about my current situation stemming from my laptop power cord quitting on me last night.

http://joystory.blogspot.com/2007/04/thursday-thirteen-29.html

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Love your list--very interesting week! Never smelled frozen peas. May have to! ha! CUUUTE birthday boy!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Congrats on writing and selling! I'm also very jealous of you having been to Egypt! One place I'd love to see.

Keep plugging!
Huggles
Donica

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

What an adorable tiger! WooHoo on the chart climbing!

Elena

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Yay on writing and climbing the top ten! Congrats!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Happy Belated Birthday to the little one, you have me wondering what indigo ink smells like.

Be well and enjoy the day.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Congrats on the success and belated birthday greetings to Tiger boy.

I finally put up my Thursday Thirteen. It is my 38th installment. 13 Bits of Workplace Wisdom Stop by if you get a chance.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Great list..You have been busy!


Amys Random Thoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Details and prizes were announced today! Hope you will come and have fun with us!

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Regarding #6...they should if they don't! I love your site and I have blog rolled you. Looking forward to browsing around more!

Friday, 20 April, 2007  

Busy week! Hey, if I had a book climbing the charts on a certain website, I'd be glued to the site in amazement. Good for you and congrats!!!!!!!

Love the birthday picture, too!!!! Happy TT-
Jessica The Rock Chick

Sunday, 22 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home