11 April 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5

So I definitely blog about Wales, here's...

Thirteen Things to do in Wales.
And beware, there are more castles here than is safe for human consumption.



1… Stay in a 17th Century cottage, in Ysbyty Ifan in Snowdonia National Park


2… Go to the perfect castle on the first day. I love Beaumaris. I want to go back - luckily we're headed by to the same cottage in August *grin* 3… Take too many pictures of said perfect castle.



4... Let your small boys run riot around the castle grounds. Only one small boy was caught on camera, the other is camera-shy, LOL




5… On the second day, find yourself another castle in Edward I's Ring of Iron - or is it Stone *grin* This one is Criccieth.

6… Take as in #3 pictures of the castle as possible

7… Head for a beach in the afternoon. We managed a different one every day. 8… Head for the walled town of Caernafon 9… Copy #3 and #5 of course, LOL.
10… Take the picture of the holiday. I love this photo - and it hasn't been altered in any way.

11… Take the hobbits to yet another beach. This is Llandudno's West beach

12… Try to squeeze in those extra castles, just to keep up the quota. This is Harlech and Conwy.

13… And on the last day, head for Harlech beach, *the* best beach, and watch while the men tackle the difficult job of flying a kite.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels:

posted by Kim Knox at 9:00 pm

36 Comments:

Is it really Thursday again already? Wales + Castles + Beaches sounds like a good holiday (in fact I think it was several times when I was somewhat shorter than I am now)

Wednesday, 11 April, 2007  

My eyes are open on matchsticks... but I've put my link up. I can go to bed now...

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

I love the photos, and castles! Great list! And kite flying on the beach sounds great right about now!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

I wish the US had more architecture that looked like that! Great TT, have a fun night!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

beaches and castles. Must be nice! I could go to the beaches here but I'd freeze my toes off.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

My favorite is #10, ,too. Great photos.

Check out my TT

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Wow, those are just breathtaking!
The beaches are beautiful as well.
Happy TT!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Beautiful photos and another place to add to my "Must See" list.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Great photos! If you get the chance, visit Leeds Castle, which isn't in Leeds, but about an hour out of London. Happy TT!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Happy TT! :)

Selena

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

lovely! I haven't seen any
'real' castles in my life. Definitely must visit Wales one day...

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Wales was one of the places I did not make it to when I was studying in York almost twenty years ago. Gads, I'm old!
Great post and lovely pictures. I may have to check out your books. Are they available on my side of the pond?

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

I absolutely love the castles! My dream is to spend at least one month on your side of the pond to visit all the castles and grand homes I've only read about. Thanks for posting these.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Oh I love castles! What a fun experience!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Beaches and Castle
Lucky minx
hehhe
lovely pics!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

LOL Jennie. It's destined for a scorching summer here again. I think I'm going to hide in the house...

And ms.george. They're ebooks, do downloadable (is that a word??) anywhere in the world from the publisher, www.samhainpublishing.com One's in print, available from Amazon. Thanks for asking *grin*

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Well, I did number 1 :-) A miner's cottage, it was fantastic, would love to spend more time there!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

You can never have to many castles.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

I love castles and beaches. You took some beautiful photos and the weather looked wonderful!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Can you ever have too many castles?

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Love it! We did some castle hopping when we lived in Germany, and we loved it!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Gorgeous, Kim! It looks like you had a GREAT time!!!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Wow! Amazing photos. Beaches and castles are wonderful. Castle ruins are great too.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Are castles like snowflakes? Each one unique and original or is it more like, you've seen one castle, you've seen them all.

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Love the photographs and the commentary...I could have looked quite happily at 13 more...

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Wow, great pics!! I'm so jealous. LOL What a rich history to explore. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

~~Becka
http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Your list reminded me very much of a trip to Scotland a few years ago with my then boyfriend (minus any kids, obviously). He was dragging me through I don't know how many castles - for all I know it could have been the same one over and over again. At least, from looking at my 5000 photos I can't tell them apart anymore. But of course it was cool nevertheless. :o)

http://www.samulli.com/weblog

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

#3 reminds me of the castle that was shown in the latest Hannibal movie!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

Wow!
I love the pictures!
It looks fascinating there!
Thank you for sharing them with us!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

One of these days I'll get to go check it out. Happy TT13!

Thursday, 12 April, 2007  

i LOVE #12!!! so so so nice!! I want to visit!!

My TT is up now! Come visit!

Friday, 13 April, 2007  

Wow I'd love to see all those castles. I'm so jealous :)

Friday, 13 April, 2007  

WOW! I love the photos!!! They just take your breath away!

Jessica The ROck Chick

Friday, 13 April, 2007  

Di: Every castle definitely had it's own atmosphere. And the 5 I went to were all in different states of ruin, LOL But then ask me again in a few years...

Janet: Eeep, Hannibal?

And we're heading back to north Wales in August... and I think there're more castles left to see *grin*

Saturday, 14 April, 2007  

~Is obscenely jealous~ Looks like y'all had lots of fun!

Sunday, 15 April, 2007  

I know this is last weeks but i just loved Wales.

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home