28 March 2007

Thursday Thirteen #4

Since I am never getting around to blogging about Rome (this week's excuse is small child germwarfare ie what bugs can we infect you with now, Mummy) I'll TT about it. So...

Thirteen Things to do in Rome.


1… Stay in a beautiful hotel


2…Arrive at the magnificent Trevi Fountain... only to find no water and two men having fun scrubbing it out


3… Mistake the column of Marcus Aurelius for that of Trajan


4... Get your first photo of the Forum




5… Get your 79th photo of the Forum... ;-)


6… Take as many pictures of the colleseum as humanly possible


7… Realise that St Peter's Square is fairly big... though not as big as Tianamen... ;-)


8… Have fun with light in St Peter's Basilica

9… Stand by this; it's an altar. I had to wait a good ten minutes to take a clear photo as so many people were posing under the skeleton. Nice...

10… Run down this staircase out of the Vatican museum. There's usually one pic that I love from every holiday... and this is the Roman one.



11… Visit the Baths of Caracalla, because no one else does *grin*. Vast place that we went to on Valentines Day. The Ent The Ent proposed... and then we managed to talk ourselves out if again, hehe


12… When in Rome, one must really see the pyramid... so we did. *grin*


13… And on the final morning, you must get soaked to the skin and have to get on the plane home uncomfortably damp.


>

14…Added extra... Remember to take your Alphasmart, for writing and making blog posts... and only turn the damn thing on for ten minutes on the plane back! LOL

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Labels:

posted by Kim Knox at 3:06 pm

35 Comments:

Rome looks like a great place to visit! Maybe I'll get there someday! Happy TT!

Wednesday, 28 March, 2007  

That staircase is stunning. There are two similar to it hidden in the old part of Liverpool University Guild of Students but not as well kept or used.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Your staircase photo is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

So just how much film did you use? Oh wait, that's right... it's all digital now! :)

Selena

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Great pictures!
The staircase is awesome!
Happy TT!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Good luck with the kiddie germs... I know how that can be!

Happy TT!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I'd love to go to Rome. Happy TT, mines up!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Not that you didn't already know I was jealous, but I'll just say it again...

I'm so jealous!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

#10 IS gorgeous! Great shot!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Wonderful pictures and comments with each. I enjoyed my tour of Rome.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I have not been to Rome...I was thinking it was all about the food!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Oh I loved Rome. I have been there twice -- not long enough either time. Thanks for posting the pictures. My TT is also posted - 13 activities I like.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I would love to visit Rome, but probably will never get the chance - that is, unless my husband winds the lottery. LOL!

Check out my TT

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I'd love to visit Italy some day!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Beautiful pics. Brings back memories, but I didn't remember the staircase. I'll have to go back just to see it! *grin*

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Wow...I'm so jealous!!! Gotta plan a trip soon! Beautiful pics...thanks for sharing!!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Your hotel looks beautiful and I love the staircase pic!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

What a wonderful trip...a pyramid? Missed that one, but only 79 pics of the coliseum? For shame :-)

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

A lot of things about Rome that I didn't know. :-)

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Fabulous pictures. I sure hope to make it there myself one day!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Nice pics

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

wow, what a great trip it looks like! you take great pictures! i am bugging hubby to go there soon. happy tt!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Stunning, stunning and I am jealous, jealous!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I'm loving that golden skeleton. creepy yet oddly satisfying.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

So fantastic! I've got Rome envy >G<

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Oh man, I wanna go.

I just got done helping my daughter do a travel brochure of Italy for school. This is just rubbing it in.

Take me with next time and I'll hold the film bag =)

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

great photos...must have been a great vacation. Love #9.

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Rome is so beautiful. I have always wanted to go. That and Tuscany... I want to go and eat the food. :) Thanks for the great pictures...

Happy TT

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Wow, very cool list! I love the staircase photo and... well, all of it! I'd love to visit Rome someday.
Happy TT!

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Impworks - never found those stairs.

Selena - I took 300 photos - and that's only because the camera battery died on the second afternoon at Hadrian's Mausoleum (sp?). I remembered to recharge it every night after that, LOL

And I won't be here for the next TT, we're off to North Wales on Saturday. Castles and caves, beaches and waterfalls await... oh and I'm going to buy a sword *grin*

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Rome looks gorgeous! There are so many places I want to travel to, and this is one of them!
I played too :-)

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

I love Rome. I hope to go back someday..

Thursday, 29 March, 2007  

Beautiful. I'm hoping to visit Europe in five years for our tenth anniversary. I love the architecture!

Friday, 30 March, 2007  

Love the Photos of Rome, Kim!

I hope to go there one day... *sigh*

Friday, 30 March, 2007  

I so want to go to Rome right now. I ENVY YOU!

Great TT!

Friday, 30 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home