04 November 2005

NaNo Diary

So here are the diary notes for the first three days of NaNoWriMo.

Day One.

In between Optician Appointments (yes, I'm still a mole...) and buying clothes for small Hobbitses I managed to write 1700 words for Alchemy. I have the first six chapters Snowflaked (that's coming in at over 5k, can you believe) so I'll work on that tonight after Stargate. Alesh is a much more rounded character. Definitely not so wishy-washy. Which is cool.

She's a liar, a thief and devoted to Varo. Cool

*
Day Two

Hitting 3500 and about to start Chapter Two. I'll leave that for tomorrow. Now I'm going to read back over what I've written. The last 1k was like pulling teeth... Argh! I got another 1k written last night on the Snowflake. Its wierd writing this way. I'm almost writing the first and second draft concurrently, LOL
Favourite line of today:

Alesh smiled. “Thank you.”
Courtesy. That really annoyed them.

*
Day Three

Didn't start writing today until 10.30pm - so the wordage was limited. Mainly because I couldn't keep my eyes open *sigh* So I got 700 done - which is better than a slap in the face with a wet fish. Just. Hitting 4200. And today I get to introduce Varo YAY.

The voice of the story isn't there yet. Something isn't quite geling about it. But must write on and see if I can find it.
Favourite Line:

The petulant voice of the Courtesan.

I'm having trouble finding lines that jump out; ones that I like. Shows the writing's a bit flat.
Ho hum
posted by Kim Knox at 8:31 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home