25 January 2006

Happy Burns Night

The tatties are on. The haggis is waiting. There're are no no neeps as I can't stand them... Yeuk! Green beans and peas instead. I'm sure old Rabbie is spinning, LOL

No writing today. Just a day of phoning Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists - who are always the most difficult to contact - and organising a day of activities for Frodo in the February half term.

And Treebeard - who know doesn't want to be known as Treebeard anymore... he just wants to be The Ent - has said that he'll sort out my FTP.
Oh look. What's that flying over the broad canopy of leaves?

Hoom Hom.
posted by Kim Knox at 5:08 pm

7 Comments:

Haggis. I’ve never tried it, Kim, but find all the talk of it--the negative and the positive--so very intriguing. It’s definitely something I intend to sample one day. :-D

Kim, I have all the results from my pseudonym blog and character name blog compiled and posted, and you’re profiled there along with the other participants. This was great fun, but now I’m way behind on my blog commenting (not to mention my writing). Thanks for contributing. Hope you’ll stop by and take a peek when you get a chance.

Wednesday, 25 January, 2006  

Hey Kim! I'm not really sure what all your foods are...I know haggis, but that's it. LOL. What are neeps and tatties?

~ AF

Thursday, 26 January, 2006  

Daisy - wow - the effort that went into that! Incredible. Thanks :-)

Thursday, 26 January, 2006  

AF

Tatties - potatoes
Neeps - Turnips (still yuck)

Thursday, 26 January, 2006  

I wonder f anyone in the U.K would know we were talking about potatoes if we just referred to them as 'spuds' or 'taters'. Then of course there's 'maters' and 'mudbugs'. Funny how every country devellops it's own words for things.

(Maters - Tomatoes ... Mudbugs - crayfish (or crawdads, depending on your part of the country))

Friday, 27 January, 2006  

Yup - spuds and taters would cross the language divide. I can't speak for everyone else, but maters and mudbugs wouldn't! LOL

Friday, 27 January, 2006  

Thanks Kim!

Maters and Mudbugs are a familiar term to me. Although I'm more familiar with the term Crawdaddies to Mudbugs. LOL!

Mater...that's what my grandma used to call me since I'm a red-head. lol.

~ AF

Friday, 27 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home